Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Hi, I'm Alister. I come from an art history background, having completed an Arts/Visual Arts double degree at Monash and then Honours which involved the hefty task of writing a thesis. I'm currently in my second semester of Masters of Information Management.
I must admit that coming back to uni from holidays I have felt a bit nervous and a slight sense of dread. Even though I have done one semester of this already, I'm feeling a bit anxious about the amount of work that will be required of me during this semester and how much I will understand.
I think this blog assignment is a good idea which will help me to explore some new tools and technologies. Creating this blog has been my first step to learning and creating something new.
Beginning to undertake this project, I'm going to try and push myself and do things out of my comfort zone.
Over the next six weeks my goal is to achieve, or at least have a go, at some things which I haven't done before. One of my skills is proof reading so editing some online journal articles could be something worth doing.

After this course I hope to pursue a career in something like archiving, so I would also be interested in investigating into online databases and how they function - having an understanding of these would help me in the future. Last semester I used the National Library of Australia's database Trove a fair bit to find journal articles. Over the next weeks I hope to explore other online databases.
I'm also interested in social media tools. Facebook is one that I'm very familiar with, but I've never used Twitter. I've never understood the fascination that some people have with it.
I am interested in finding out more about Twitter, just how popular it is and why this is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment